Caixabank hires several outplacement agencies for its ERE

Daniel Caballero

Madrid

Updated:

Keep

Key day in the Employment Regulation File (ERE) of Caixabank. The entity will present in a new meeting with the unions its repositioning plan for the thousands of employees it plans to leave; in the last negotiation, the number of people affected was lowered to 7,791 people. A meeting that, again, is expected to be rough between the company and the unions given the high level of the employment adjustment and the conditions.

In such a process, the bank is obliged to design a plan to try to relocate staff who are laid off and no longer face retirement. Financial sources familiar with said plan assure that it will be the most ambitious in the history of Caixabank, but remember that this does not guarantee in any case that the objectives set will be met.

The entity itself assured several days ago that its intention is to find a new occupation for one hundred percent of those who are forced to leave. What’s more, the firm promised that those who leave the bank do so with “A stable job”. They did not specify anything else about what this means: if training for self-employment, guaranteeing permanent contracts, as BBVA has done in its ERE, also in negotiation, etc.

For now, the unions they will not come across an impromptu plan or led by a single company. Financial sources indicate that Caixabank has contracted several companies for the design and execution of its project; between them, to Lee Hecht Harrison (LHH), the subsidiary specialized in these processes of the Adecco group. This joint work is a differential element in the sector, since it is not usual to have a group of companies. The LHH name is an old acquaintance in the finance industry given the skyrocketing outplacement rates it achieves. In fact, he usually works with Santander Bank in your employment settings.

READ  Cepsa lost 919 million in 2020 despite the excellent result of the chemical business

Union sources do not trust the effectiveness of any plan that may be put in place. They assure that it is simply a way of trying to wash their image, even more so after the pressure received by the Government to minimize the impact of the ERE on employment. In fact, the economic vice president, Nadia Calviño, came to assure that they will intervene in the process to try to lower the figure.

Likewise, the unions have reluctance about the project given the experience in previous processes, they say. As published by ‘El Español’, in the last ERE of the bank, in 2019, it was possible to relocate the 87% of those who left and wanted to continue in the job market. Of these, 64% obtained a permanent contract at the beginning and the remaining 36% remained as temporary and later became permanent.

Among the workers’ representatives, there is also concern about the meritocracy criterion that the entity will apply in the event that leave is not covered voluntarily. Defining this criterion is something that has yet to be negotiated, although Caixabank has the professional skills tests that are carried out on each employee annually and this exercise has been expanded with more sections.

See them
comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *