Cheers to my 171st country – Saudi Arabia! And for this special event, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh Cordoba was my host!
Finally! I entered Saudi Arabia after my second attempt. My first attempt was in March 2020, but unfortunately, I got stuck at Riyadh airport at the last minute due to Quaid rules, so I decided to cancel my trip to Saudi Arabia. But hey! I’m here now, much bolder and happier!
Thank you so much that not only did I finally enter my 171st country (which is Saudi Arabia), but I also got the opportunity to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Riyadh Cordoba! I was very lucky because I was staying in one of their fantasy suites, plus they opened less than a year ago, haha!
Things to do in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1. Visit the edge of the world of Riyadh
This is one of my bucket lists and it was finally marked! I bet you have to do this too! However, if you do not know what the edge of the world is, it is one of the top tourist attractions in Saudi Arabia. Overlooking the surrounding plains, you will literally feel like you are on the edge of the world. The uninterrupted view of the horizon while on top of a cliff 300 meters high offers an amazing experience that you should not miss! Thanks to Tinggly for finally doing it!
2. Some markets jump
Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia, is not surprising to see many shopping malls around the city. For this reason, one of the things you should not miss in Riyadh is jumping in the mall! Here are some shopping malls we recommend you visit:
- Al Nakhil Shopping Center – This is a giant shopping mall that is very nice and clean. There are also shops for every taste and budget, upstairs you can find countless restaurants and bars throughout the mall.
- Riyadh Mall Gallery – It has many clothing shops and boutiques including major brands. There is also a children’s play area with a variety of entertainment facilities.
- Panorama Shopping Center – This shopping center is distinguished by its beautiful exterior and interior design because its design is environmentally friendly and has many brands, a high area for children and a large area for restaurants.
3. Explore the Kingdom Center tower
Paul Sky is a place to visit in Riyadh. From here you can look at the rooftops of Riyadh. You can also eat very good and cheap food in the food court. Everything from Persian food to sushi to Indian can be found there. Or you can take a walk in the mall and watch the people. A really necessary visit!
4. Al-Rajhi Grand Mosque
The Al-Rajahi Grand Mosque was built in the 2000s with financial support from the Al-Rajhi family. It is also the largest mosque in Riyadh with a capacity of 18,000 for men and 2,500 for women. Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter the mosque, but it is necessary to see and admire it from the outside!
5. Go to more attractions in Riyadh!
Riyadh is a beautiful city to discover! Since it was my first time here, I have been excited about visiting so many places. Here are some things to look for:
- Al-Masmak Castle – Masmak Castle is a brick castle built in 1865 by Amir Muhammad bin Abdullah. From 1902 to 1938 the main court was located here. The castle now serves as a museum. This will allow you to learn about life in the Middle East before the advent of modern civilization.
- King Abdullah Park – King Abdullah is the youngest cultural and amusement park in the Saudi capital. Opened in 2013, it includes several gardens, children and family areas, sports areas, pedestrian alleys, a restaurant and a large lake with a dancing fountain.
- Al-Faisaliya Center – This tower is next to the Royal Center Tower, one of the tallest buildings in Riyadh. There is a shopping mall inside with several designer shops where you can shop until you leave.
Accommodation in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
This newly opened luxury hotel in Riyadh was our home when we were in the city. The hotel has 104 rooms, suites and 16 villas located close to Riyadh city center and only 20 km from Riyadh International Airport.
It was very convenient in terms of location, because I can easily move around and visit the popular attractions of Riyadh easily and without any hassle, you know, as a traveler like me, I really can not stay in one place, to Especially since this is the first time I do. In Saudi Arabia, haha!
Suite at Radisson Blu Hotel
As mentioned above, there are 104 rooms and suites at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Riyadh. The types of rooms in this hotel are:
- Standard room with terrace
- Junior Suite
- One bedroom suite
- Two bedroom royal suite
- Three bedroom villa
I stayed in their one-bedroom suite for 4 days and 3 nights! The room itself is very spacious and has this bright space that makes you feel at home.
To be honest, I can actually stay in the room all day without going out, because almost everything I need is already there. In addition, they also have a separate living area from the bedroom, which is one of my favorites about luxury hotels.
Can you believe me if I say I did not get a chance to try Radisson Blu restaurants? I know you do not want to! Haha! Restaurant is essential for me!
And guess what? They have 3 amazing restaurants in the hotel that I recommend you all to try. Bridge, Larder and Hall, and Plumeria Terrace.
Another good thing about the Radisson Blu Hotel is that they offer stylish outdoor, indoor and terrace dining. So apart from the delicious food (all thanks to the great chefs who prepared the food; Chef Sonil, Chef Nain, Chef Sachin, Chef Bikesh, Chef Ali, Chef Talal, Chef Jangir, Chef Deepar, Chef Deeparz, Chef , Snacks with a great environment are guaranteed for you.
My overall experience in Riyadh and the Radisson Blu Hotel
Not only did I have a quiet and stylish stay at the hotel, but due to its convenient location I had the chance to visit beautiful places (especially Edge of The World which is one of my bucket lists!) In addition, I was able to visit With some of the most amazing people! Ah! This trip to Saudi Arabia was a wonderful trip thanks to the Radisson Blu Hotel, which was my home and hosted me for a few days. If you are planning to travel to Riyadh, you must make a reservation at the Radisson Blu Hotel.