The National Association of Professionals and Freelancers of Natural Therapies (COFENAT) has listed the natural products that cannot be missing from the medicine cabinets this summer. Due to their medicinal properties and their versatility, these natural extracts have become essential for the summer season.
1. Manzanilla: It has anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, antibacterial, and sedative properties. In addition, it favors relaxation, relieves digestion and skin irritations. It also strengthens the immune system. It is used as a tonic.
2. Tea tree: It is a good disinfectant for cuts and abrasions because it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Helps treat insect bites.
3. Eucalyptus essential oil: it is a powerful antiviral and antibiotic. Also, it is an excellent cold treatment when used as a steam inhalation.
4. Aloe vera: The milky discharge from its leaves helps reduce inflammation and accelerates the healing of first and second degree burns. Heals wounds in general and skin ulcers. Its healing, analgesic and purifying properties stand out.
5. Árnica: In addition to stimulating circulation, it has anti-inflammatory properties and relieves discomfort caused by sprains, strains, and bruises.
6. Calendula: It is a powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory that stimulates wound healing by reducing inflammation and promoting new tissue growth. Collaborates in the treatment of psoriasis, acne and eczema. It is anti-inflammatory and is suitable for skin rashes such as diaper rash.
7. Shea Manteca: it has hydration, protection and nutrition properties. It can be used to hydrate the skin and lips. It is good to prevent the calluses of the feet. Also to treat sunburns and dermatitis of various origin. Protects from the sun’s rays and relieves the pain of arthritis and rheumatism.
8. Ginger: It is a natural antispasmodic. Helps to expel gases from the intestinal tract. It can help ease digestive disorders and relieve dizziness.
9. Green clay: It calms the skin and reduces inflammation after a bite, as it has healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used for small sprains, joint pain, burns, pimples or stubborn acne.
10. Citronella essential oil: It is an important complement in summer, because using it together with a lemon water colony has a refreshing effect and repels mosquitoes.