Cantabrian restaurants Jewish House and Arbor of Amos and the Riojan The Echaurren Portal top the list of the 100 favorite restaurants of Spaniards in 2020, prepared by the ElTenedor app, and supported this year by American Express, a ranking carried out with criteria such as the grades obtained by restaurants in 2020, the volume of opinions during this year, visits to the restaurant’s file and the reservations generated.
Casona del Judío is located in an old 19th century Indian house in Santander, run by the Catalan chef Sergio Bastard. Its cuisine, recognized by the Michelin Guide with the distinction “Michelin Plate: a quality kitchen”, mixes originality and tradition in equal parts, with an established technique and using local Cantabrian products as the protagonists of all its elaborations.
In the ranking there is representation of almost the entire Spanish geography, although the Community of Madrid stands out, with 18 of its restaurants on this list, thirteen of them in the capital. Among them Horcher (12) and Etxeko Madrid by Martín Berasategui (22).
However, Cantabria is the community that has two of the year’s favorite restaurants: Casona del Judío (1) and Cenador de Amós, by Jesús Sánchez (2), in Villaverde de Pontones, which also repeats this year. The podium completes it The Portal of the Echaurren, by Francis Paniego (3), in Ezcaray (La Rioja), also present in the «Top100» last year. Fourth figure The Bohío (4), led by Pepe Rodríguez, winner of the last edition of the Top100, and Martin Berasategui (6), which topped the list in 2018.
In tenth position appears Raíces, recently awarded its first Michelin star and run by chef Carlos Maldonado.
The top 10 of the top 100
1. Casona del Judío by Sergio Bastard – Santander, Cantabria
2. Arbor of Amós de Jesús Sánchez – Villaverde de Pontones, Cantabria
3. The Echaurren Portal – Ezcaray, La Rioja
4. El Bohío – Illescas (Toledo), Castilla-La Mancha
5. La Boscana – Bellvis (Lleida), Catalonia
6. Martín Berasategui – Lasarte-Oria (Gipúzcoa), Basque Country
7. Koy Shunka – Barcelona, Catalonia
8. Can Jubany – Calldetenes Barcelona, Catalonia
9. Hermanos Torres Kitchen – Barcelona, Catalonia
10. Roots – Carlos Maldonado – Talavera de la Reina (Toledo), Castilla-La Mancha.